The User Experience (UX) Lab at the University of Miami is an academic-based research facility that supports interdisciplinary research on how people use information systems. Our main function is to inform web, mobile, gaming, and software interface design based on human attitudes, emotions, and performance data. We use a variety of research methods to collect and analyze findings, including focus groups, ethnography, participatory design, expert reviews, usability testing, facial expression analysis, and eye-tracking.
The UX Lab was also designed to support the University of Miami’s M.F.A. in Interactive Media and provides educational opportunities to students who are focused on obtaining careers in User Experience and Interaction Design. We also offer a full range of UX research services to internal clients.
The UX Lab is an academic-based research facility that provides the following services:
- Usability Testing
- A/B Testing
- Expert Review
- Visual Attention and Emotional Response Studies
- Design Research (Interviews, Focus Groups, Survey, Card Sorts)
- HCI Research
The UX Lab features:
- Eye tracking data using a Tobii X60 eye tracker and Tobii Studio software
- Event logging
- Professional audio/video control and recording equipment
- Mobile observation equipment (camera and platform)
- Observation room with one-way mirror and multiple monitors to display participants’ screen, live eye gaze views, and other video feeds to facilitate observation
Our team of experienced UX researchers is passionate about creating great user experiences. Please contact Dr. Millet for more information at email@example.com.
Barbara Millet, PhD
UX Lab Director
Qinyu Ding, MFA
UX Lab Alums:
Deb Pang Davis (2020): The 19th
Maria Aguilar- Velez (2020): The Washington Post
Carolina Diaz (2019): Visa Inc.
Louise Whitaker (2017): Best Buy
Yuxuan Xie (2017): EdSource
Brandon Wilson (2017): Harris Corporation