The University of Miami Department of Cinema and Interactive Media’s 20th annual CANES FILM FESTIVAL will be held on May 4–7. This year, the festival will include an interactive competition. This competitive festival competition is open to both undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in Cinema and Interactive Media courses at UM. Winners will be invited to showcase their work May 4th at the Koenigsberg and Nadal Interactive Media Center at UM School of Communication.
- Applicants can submit multiple projects
- A project can only be submitted to one category
April 20th: Deadline Program Submission
All projects must submit an entry by April 20th. All participants must include a title, developer(s), and description of the project.
April 28th: Judging Begins
May 4th: Showcase 5:00 PM, Setup begins at 2:30 PM
May 7th: Awards Ceremony TBA
Projects can only be submitted once into one category. Choose the best category the fits your project. All projects will be entered into a Best in Show: User Experience.
- Physical Computing
- Projects must use hardware and sensors to create human/digital interactions
- Digital and Virtual Reality Games
- Includes screen based digital and VR based Games
- Non-Digital Games
- Includes board games, card games, and other non-screen based digital games
- Data Visualization
- Projects must use data in a static or interactive visualization
- Web and Mobile
- Include completed websites, web-based interactive stories, mobile applications
- Interactive Video
- This category includes 360 video and branching narratives.
- Best User Interface Design
- Projects in this category will be judged on presentation of wireframes, general design, and concept
- The experimental category rewards creative exploration. This category covers projects that are not represented by the above categories.
For all inquires please email: firstname.lastname@example.org